Features at a Glance
PaddleFest—Hosted by Canoe Kentucky
Paddle sports are enjoying a surge in popularity—thanks to their affordability, ease of use and fitness benefits. See and learn everything you need to know about these exciting on-the-water outdoor activities. Experts will demo a fleet of paddle-powered craft, including stand up paddleboards, fishing and recreational kayaks so you can zero in on the boat that’s right for you.
Free paddle sport demos offered daily in the pool – Test out kayaks, fishing kayaks, canoes, and stand up paddleboards for free.
Wake Zone―Hosted by Nick's Boat Dock
Whether you're just getting started or want to improve your technique and skills, head to the wakeboarding trampoline. Get tips from pro riders and watch them demonstrate flips, twists, and other stunts used in wakeboarding.
Discover Boating Center
Your one-stop resource for boating information and advice. Get started in boating or learn how to make the most of your time on the water at one of the interactive exhibits.
Discover Boating for less than $250/month!
Think owning a boat is out of your reach? Think again! When it comes to enjoyable ways to spend your leisure time, boating is far more affordable than you may realize. Be sure to stop by and check out this special showcase of boats you can finance for less than $250 per month. Also look for specially marked boats throughout the show!
When you compare the costs of boating to a single day at an amusement park or a trip to any major league game, you'll find that dollar for dollar, boating is really quite affordable. See for yourself how boating can stretch your vacation and leisure time budget:
Compare Costs of Boating vs. Other Leisure Activities
RV Buyer's and Handyman Seminars
Don't miss leading RV expert and author of "The RV Handbook" David Solberg as he presents entertaining and informative programs designed for the RV enthusiast.
From first-timers to full-timers and everyone in between this is your one-stop resource for RVing advice and information. Stop by the RV seminar stage for practical, professional advice.
RV Buyer’s Seminar
– Helps clear up some of the confusion of shopping for an RV by covering the language of RVs, RV classifications, and tips for choosing the right floor plan. Topic include trailer vs motorized, Class A or Class C, diesel or gas, new vs. used and matching truck to trailer.
RV Handyman Series – Free, daily seminars that provide information on extending the life of batteries, tracking down a parasitic drain, checking for proper campground voltage and polarity, refrigerator maintenance and troubleshooting, and generator maintenance and troubleshooting.
Click here for seminar shedule
Gills & Game Zone— See the latest gear, get expert advice and enjoy fishing & hunting-related activities!
- Meet KY Afield TV Host Tim Farmer - Saturday, January 24th from 1:00 - 2:30pm
- TEST YOUR SKILLS: Hunting Simulator / Laser Shot and Crosman Range
Help send a child to camp, funds provide scholarships for children to attend KDFWR summer conservation camps. $2 charge per game.
- 2015 Licenses and Elk Permits—Your one-stop shop for all the licenses you'll need including fishing, hunting, sportsmen's licenses and elk permits.
FREE Kentucky Youth Sportsman's License
Free Kentucky Youth Sportsman’s License (includes: 2 deer permit, 2 turkey permit, waterfowl and migratory birds permit), ages 11-15 who have completed their Hunter Education Certification and who have never had a license are eligible.
Hunter Education Certification
Complete the online course at fw.ky.gov prior to the show. Bring the online certification to the show and complete the range portion at the Louisville Boat, RV & Sportshow. For complete details and requirements, please visit our website at fw.ky.gov or Brenda Ward-Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org
11:00am―2:00pm SNAKES and SUMMER CAMP
Amy Eichorn, Conservation Educator and Project WILD State Coordinator, will be at the show with some of her snake friends. Learn about Kentucky snake species, snake behaviors and traits, how to tell if they are venomous and what the difference is between venom and poison. Also learn about KDFWR summer camps.
12:00pm―1:00pm PLAY “BACK YARD BASS”
Amy Eichorn, Conservation Educator and Project WILD State Coordinator will s
how you how to cast and reel in fish.
1:00pm―2:30pm MEET KY AFIELD TV HOST, TIM FARMER
Visit the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources for a meet and greet with Tim Farmer. Bring in your favorite memorabilia for Tim Farmer to autograph!
Gills & Game Seminars
Fishing is the most popular activity among American boaters, with more than six out of 10 casting a line while boating! Get tips and advice at specialized ‘how to’ fishing seminars presented by top pro, regional and local fishing experts.
Seminar Stage hosted by Kentucky Outdoors the Magazine.
- Clay Dyer - (Bass) - Bassmaster Open Series Pro - Born without any lower limbs, no left are and partial right arm Clay never allowed his physical disabilities to be an obstacle. Come hear his inspirational story.
- Bobby Gentry – (Smallmouth, all species) Punisher Lures Pro Staff
- Joey Monteleone – (All species) - Host of the weekly radio show Inside the Outdoors on 650 WSM and Wild Side Guide on Tennessee’s Wild Side television program.
- Kendall Newson– (Bass) - Former Miami Dolphin now a Bassmaster Open Series Pro
- Matt Quinn - (Electronics) - Electronic engineer with a passion for fishing and boating marine electronics
- Capt. Johnny Rush - (Striper, Trout) Full-time Guide on Dale Hollow Lake and Lake Cumberland
Tim Tipton - (Fly Fishing) - Fisherman and accomplished outdoor writer
Click here for seminar schedule
Kids Trout Pond—FREE fishing for kids 12 and younger!
There's no limit to the fun! Catch-and-release fishing pond is a great way to introduce kids to the sport of fishing. Be sure to bring your camera to capture the moment when your little angler reels in a "big one".
Thursday, 1/22 – RV Club/Marina Day
- Wear your club's or marina's apparel, bring COUPON and receive a discount at the box office!
- First 100 attendees receive a gift from Northside RVs
- Campfire Stories/Songs - Grab the family and gather ‘round for some good old-fashioned campfire stories – Master story teller/folk singer Thomas Freese. He is a wonderful storyteller—author of seven books of ghost stories including Shaker Ghost Stories, Fog Swirler, Strange and Wonderful Things, Ghosts, Spirits and Angels, and Haunted Battlefields of the South.
- S’mores – Can't have campfire stories and songs without s'mores. During story hour (while supplies last)
- RV Club/Marina Contest: Win $500 towards your next samboree or dock party! The club with largest attendee articipation (must be wearing club hats or shirts) wins $500. Judging will take place prior to storytelling at 7pm.
- Friday, 1/23 – Fisherman's Day
- Wear your branded boat manufacturer or fishing club shirt, bring COUPON and receive a discount at the box office!
- Show attendees will receive a free gift from Cabela's (while supplies last)!
- Contest - Enter the Blindfolded Fishing Contest for your chance to win a guided fishing trip for two on Kentucky Lake! Courtesy of Scott Patton Guide Service.
- Register to win lodging for your Canadian fishing trip! Courtesy of Bear Lake Wilderness Camps.
Saturday, 1/24 – Shakespeare Take a Kid Fishing Day
- Kids 15 and under are FREE all show days!
- Kids will receive a free Shakespeare Navigator Spincast Combo from Pure Fishing (while supplies last)!
- Kids can create their own crankbait from 3pm - 5pm (while supplies last)!
- Kids be sure to introduce kids to the fun of fishing at the Kids Trout Pond!
Sunday, 1/25 – Women's Day
- Women will receive a free gift from Kentucky Department of Fish & WIldlife (while supplies last)!
- Special activities designed just for women which include:
- Paddle sport Pool
- Discover Boating activities
- Meet Dawn Bitz, Glamping and RV Lifestyle Expert
- Beth Minch - Volunteer Coordinator of Kentucky Becoming and Outdoors-Woman Program
- Katie Haymes - KDFWR Explore Bowhunting Sate Coordinator
- Register to win a Smoky Mountain Tour Connection Gift Certificate – Customized packages may include private auto tour, meals, show and/or attraction tickets, and accommodations.